A qualified Chartered Accountant with his own practice in Gauteng, over 15 years experience in audit and tax, with ten years experience at SARS in transfer pricing, tax law and corporate tax. J-P is one of the founding members of RADA and is responsible for its financial and strategic direction.
We take positive, meaningful and effective action to combat these addictions and atrocities so that our world can become a better, healthier and safer place in which to prosper.
RADA is a humanitarian organisation focused on empowering individuals. RADA is your place of renewal, an acronym for rape, alcohol, drug, abuse. At RADA, the focus is on self-responsibility and self-awareness, an important attribute that can redefine the way we treat others.
The two-fold approach focuses on personal growth and responsibility (RADA Training Academy) and healing (RADA Healing) which includes rehabilitation facilities currently based in Bryanston, Johannesburg. Together with The Transformation Development Centre (“TDC”) under the banner TDC RADA.
Through our humanitarian work in vulnerable communities, we realised that there are many other areas where people require support and assistance. This led to the establishment of RADA CARE, providing support that is long-lasting, simple and effective and that directly serves the people who need the assistance.
The RADA Vision
“To facilitate an effective healing process by creating an environment of peace, compassion and safety so that it awakens the power and light that exists within all beings. To help each person realise that they possess the divine light within to achieve their dreams, that we are all powerful beyond measure and that being pure and good is a natural state of mind that we all deserve.”
RADA at a Glance
To facilitate an effective healing process by creating an environment of peace, compassion and safety so that it awakens the power and light that exists within all beings.
To help each person realise that they possess the divine light within to achieve their dreams, that we are all powerful beyond measure and that being pure and good is a natural state of mind that we all deserve.
We will cater for any person that requests help and is willing to take responsibility for themselves. There are a number of statistics to support the fact that the key areas of focus of RADA are in desperate need of attention in South Africa.
- Effective and efficient
- Medical facilities on site
- Healing process – focuses on power from within
- Educating adults and children on societal issues – proactive approach
- Upliftment and empowerment of the community
- Business development centre – promotion of skills and transformation
What Makes RADA Different
Our techniques and success rates are our point of difference:
- RADA addresses issues proactively through RADA Training Academy and by partnering with organisations which implement programmes that focus on the emotional development and social well-being of children.
- RADA Training Academy provides internationally recognised workshops, Services SETA Accredited courses and computer training. The intended outcomes of the RADA Training Academy workshops is to develop skills, behaviours and attitudes which lead to improved self-management, social awareness, self-awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision-making.
- RADA’s reactive approach to renewal is based on the premise that people need to understand that they are entirely responsible for and accountable to themselves.
- The therapies that RADA uses helps people to recognise the fact that they actually have the power and energy within themselves to get back onto the road to recovery and ultimately lead a fulfilled life.
- Using a form of deep meditation, the RADA techniques work with accelerated mental processes that encourage a complete shift in mind set.
Who is RADA?
RADA – A Brief History
Our Business Imperatives
- RADA is a registered non-profit organisation run as a business by an experienced management team who adhere to the principles of good corporate governance.
- We have established a number of innovative income generating revenue streams that contribute towards maintaining RADA’s standards of excellence and strives to enhance the lives of people in our care and the many vulnerable communities that we support. RADA creates awareness around key life issues.
Our Corporate Governance
The Annual Financial Statements undergo a yearly review by registered Professional Accountants. RADA sponsors and/or donors may review the signed Annual Financial Statements upon request. Disclosure of our endeavours and use of funds received are included in the Annual Financial Statements information.
Our Board of Directors comprises Karen Andrews, Jacqueline Gilbert and John-Paul Nobrega.
Jacqueline GilbertManaging Director at RADA
A facilitator of personal growth and transformative workshops. She currently runs the Transformation Development Centre (existing facility). She has worked extensively around the world using techniques of healing, channeling, meditation and energy processes. Jacqueline will facilitate the education to all RADA staff including professional staff on the processes and methods RADA will deploy to heal a nation.
Currently, nine people work at the Bryanston facility. The staff compliment per future facility will depend on the size of the facility and the need that each facility must address within the community.
Professional staff will include:
Senior Social Welfare Workers; Social Welfare Workers; Psychologists; Psychiatrists; Nurses; Medical Doctors; Chartered Accountants.
The majority of caregivers will have professional qualifications in their respective fields such as psychology, physical wellness and medicine. All staff, including ground staff and doctors, will also go through the RADA training process.